Account Transfers & Rollovers

Consolidate your IRAs, mutual funds, and other investments from different institutions into new or existing Principal Funds accounts with a direct rollover or transfer.

You can find the option that meets your needs from the list of forms below. Submit completed documents to your financial professional or directly to Principal Funds.

Mail completed forms to:

Principal Funds
P.O. Box 8024
Boston, MA 02266-8024

For overnight delivery:

Principal Funds
30 Dan Road
Canton, MA 02021-2809

Form Name
Education Savings Account (ESA) Transfer Request
Transfer a Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) from another institution to Principal Funds.
IRA Rollover Statement
If you would like to rollover funds from a qualified plan or IRA (including those made payable to you) into a Principal Funds IRA.
IRA Transfer/Direct Rollover Request
For a Trustee-to-Trustee Transfer/Rollover of a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, or Rollover IRA from another institution to Principal Funds.
Non-IRA Transfer
Transfer a non-retirement Certificate of Deposit (CD), mutual fund, or other investment to Principal Funds.
SEP IRA Transfer/Direct Rollover Request
Transfer a SEP IRA (or rollover a qualified plan) from another institution to Principal Funds.
SIMPLE IRA Transfer Request
Transfer a SIMPLE IRA from another institution to a SIMPLE IRA with Principal Funds.

Contact us
Have a question or need assistance? Call our customer service representatives at 800-222-5852, opt. 3, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. CT.