Retirement: Planning Tools
Access calculators and tools to help you plan for retirement.
Determining Retirement Goals and Saving for Retirement
- Determine your retirement savings goal and find out if you’re on track to reach it
- Calculate how much savings could be lost to taxes if you take a distribution as cash instead of rolling it over into another eligible retirement savings vehicle
- Discover different asset allocations that may be possible based on your personal input
Wondering how to maximize your Social Security benefit?
Contact your financial professional to get started. Your financial professional can help you get the most from your Social Security benefit – starting with a guide through these simple steps:STEP 1: Know your benefit
STEP 2: Understand your options
STEP 3: Determine a plan to maximize your benefit
Request an estimate of your future Social Security benefit by:
- Visiting www.ssa.gov
- Calling the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213
Additional retirement savings calculators
- Am I saving enough?
- How advantageous is increasing my savings?
- How much may Social Security provide?
- What if Social Security no longer exists?
- What happens if tax laws change?
- How much can I invest before taxes each year?
Additional calculators to help manage finances in retirement
- What could my expenses be after I retire?
- What if I underestimate my expenses?
- How might retirement affect my expenses?
- Which savings should be used first?
To obtain a prospectus, download online or call Sales Support at 1.800.787.1621
While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that The Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements. For more information about our funds, including their full names, please see the Principal Funds, Inc. prospectus or call Sales Support at 1.800.787.1621.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
Principal Funds are distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc.
Not FDIC Insured - May Lose Value - No Bank Guarantee