Fund Information: Portfolio Management: Capabilities
Global Investment Management
With a legacy of global investment management, asset allocation expertise, and retirement leadership, Principal Funds offers a sophisticated approach to investing. Our multi-manager, multi-investment style capabilities provide three different portfolio construction techniques:
- Traditional equity asset allocation strategies to construct portfolios.
- A robust fixed-income continuum – for investors seeking attractive income sources.
- Principal Portfolio Construction StrategiesSM – funds that seek to manage volatility, fight inflation, and generate income.
Principal Management Corporation acts as advisor for all Principal Funds. Their philosophy is to build strategies that seek to solve real challenges, rather than simply aligning to an investment style. Specialist managers are selected from the universe of investment managers, not just those from their own backyard. These managers are hired for specific mandates, customizing the outcomes and controlling expenses.
Many leading sub-advisors, including the extensive asset management capabilities of Principal Global Investors and its boutique affiliates, are utilized to cover a diverse set of asset classes.
- Principal Global Investors has U.S. locations in New York and Des Moines; regional headquarters in Australia, Europe, and Singapore; and a large base of institutional assets for clients in nearly 60 countries.
- Edge Asset Management, Inc. has been a pioneer in the field of actively managed asset allocation funds and is a leading manager of value equities and taxable fixed-income securities.
- Columbus Circle Investors focuses on growth equities through an emphasis on good companies getting stronger and companies that are exceeding investor expectations.
- Spectrum Asset Management offers expertise in preferred securities - generally one of the highest yielding investment-grade securities.
- Principal Real Estate Investors draws from six decades of real estate investment experience and is one of the largest institutional U.S. real estate managers, with in-depth coverage of over 45 U.S. metropolitan real estate markets.
With your financial professional's help, Principal Funds can help you pursue the benefits of attractive markets and minimize the impact of difficult ones. Contact your financial professional today to learn more.
To obtain a prospectus, download online or call Customer Service at 1.800.222.5852
While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that The Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements. For more information about our funds, including their full names, please see the Principal Funds, Inc. prospectus or call Customer Service at 1.800.222.5852.
A mutual fund's share price and investment return will vary with market conditions, and the principal value of an investment when you sell your shares may be more or less than the original cost.
This Web site was created and is maintained by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc. exclusively, and not by the Directors of the funds.
Principal Funds, Inc. is distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc., member of the Principal Financial Group®. Principal Funds Distributor, Principal Shareholder Services, Principal Management Corporation and its affiliates, and Principal Funds, Inc. are collectively referred to as Principal Funds.
Not FDIC or NCUA/NCUSIF insured - May lose value - No bank guarantee - Not a deposit - Not insured by any federal government agency