Retirement: Planning Tools
Access calculators and tools to help you plan for retirement.
Determining Retirement Goals and Saving for Retirement
- Determine your retirement savings goal and find out if you’re on track to reach it
- Calculate how much savings could be lost to taxes if you take a distribution as cash instead of rolling it over into another eligible retirement savings vehicle
- Discover different asset allocations that may be possible based on your personal input
Wondering how to maximize your Social Security benefit?
Contact your financial professional to get started. Your financial professional can help you get the most from your Social Security benefit – starting with a guide through these simple steps:STEP 1: Know your benefit
STEP 2: Understand your options
STEP 3: Determine a plan to maximize your benefit
Request an estimate of your future Social Security benefit by:
- Visiting www.ssa.gov
- Calling the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213
Additional retirement savings calculators
- Am I saving enough?
- How advantageous is increasing my savings?
- How much may Social Security provide?
- What if Social Security no longer exists?
- What happens if tax laws change?
- How much can I invest before taxes each year?
Managing Finances During Retirement
Are you nearing retirement? Use the Retirement Income Planning Guide to:
- Identify the assets available to fund your retirement.
- Pinpoint the income sources currently available to you.
- Plan for covering expenses.
- Design and implement your retirement income plan.
Additional calculators to help manage finances in retirement
- What could my expenses be after I retire?
- What if I underestimate my expenses?
- How might retirement affect my expenses?
- Which savings should be used first?
To obtain a prospectus, download online or call Customer Service at 1.800.222.5852
While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that The Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements. For more information about our funds, including their full names, please see the Principal Funds, Inc. prospectus or call Customer Service at 1.800.222.5852.
A mutual fund's share price and investment return will vary with market conditions, and the principal value of an investment when you sell your shares may be more or less than the original cost.
This Web site was created and is maintained by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc. exclusively, and not by the Directors of the funds.
Principal Funds, Inc. is distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc., member of the Principal Financial Group®. Principal Funds Distributor, Principal Shareholder Services, Principal Management Corporation and its affiliates, and Principal Funds, Inc. are collectively referred to as Principal Funds.
Not FDIC or NCUA/NCUSIF insured - May lose value - No bank guarantee - Not a deposit - Not insured by any federal government agency