What if an Account Change Requires a Medallion Signature Guarantee?
A Medallion Signature Guarantee is a warranty by the guarantor that the signature is genuine and that the person signing is competent and authorized to sign. The Medallion Signature Guarantee requirement protects the shareholder(s) account against unauthorized transactions.
Certain transactions require a Medallion Signature Guarantee, unless specifically waived by the Fund’s transfer agent. If required, the signature(s) must be guaranteed by a commercial bank, trust company, credit union, savings and loan, national securities exchange member, or brokerage firm that participates in a Medallion program recognized by the Securities Transfer Association. A signature guarantee by a notary public or savings bank is not acceptable. Signature guarantees are required:
- if you sell more than $100,000 (in the aggregate) from the Funds;
- if a sales proceeds check is payable to other than the account shareholder(s), Principal Life, or Principal Bank;
- to change ownership of an account;
- to add wire or ACH redemption privileges to a U.S. bank account not previously authorized if there is not a common owner between the bank account and mutual fund account;
- to change bank account information designated under an existing telephone withdrawal plan if there is not a common owner between the bank account and mutual fund account;
- to exchange or transfer among accounts with different ownership; and
- to have a sales proceeds check mailed to an address other than the address on the account or to the address on the account if it has been changed within the preceding 15 days
You can request this service from institutions with which you have a banking or investment relationship.
A SIGNATURE FROM A NOTARY PUBLIC IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
To obtain a prospectus, download online or call Sales Support at 1.800.787.1621
While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that The Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements. For more information about our funds, including their full names, please see the Principal Funds, Inc. prospectus or call Sales Support at 1.800.787.1621.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
Principal Funds are distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc.
Not FDIC Insured - May Lose Value - No Bank Guarantee